Andix

Andix. May I come home please? - INVITED

Postby Andix » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:43 am

Hola Warseekers! Some of you (I hope) remember me, so this is going to be part re-cap/catch-up for some and introduction for others. I'd like to apply to re-join the Guild and come home please. For those who don't know me, I'm Andrew, 47 years old and an artist/3d modeller.

- Tell us about the characters you're applying to join the guild with and any others of relevance including names and main guilds and present server (If you've moved server before or changed names please include this information.) I'd primarily like to bring the three characters that I currently consider to be my main toons. Previously, I had my entire roster in guild, and if accepted back, I will probably bring them all back. My roster is:
Andix: Paladin - Overall Main - Herbalism, Alchemy
Sagitaurenus: Hunter - Secondary Main - Skinning, Leatherworking
Andixx: Mage - Secondary Main - Tailoring, Enchanting
Soulstorm: Warlock - Mining, Jewelcrafting
Undiddlydead: Priest - Inscription, Engineering
Exordium: Death Knight - Mining, Blacksmithing
Gnomegrinder: Warrior - Mining, Blacksmithing
Milfi: Hunter (PvP)
These are all level 110, and have all completed their class hall campaigns. All are so-so geared, between 910 and 935 iLevel. I have a couple of further characters, but lower levels and not very played. I also have a Lvl 110 Rogue, who was my private guild bank. Guildmaster in a guild of one. It was set up for extra storage space, in the days before Void Storage. Apart from him, I have no other Guilded characters.

- Describe your experiences in WoW to date. Well, there's quite a lot more than when I first applied. I will endevour to be concise.
I started in summer 06 and joined my brothers guild which fell apart. So a few months in to TBC I was looking for a new guild and got the nod towards Warseeker Tribe. I liked what I saw and applied. Got an invite for a try-out run, so I joined this group with Drae, Powermad and Xayna to go to Shattered Halls. My mage was really stuck on SH, trying to PUG it. Twice that day I'd been there and not downed the first boss once! So off we went, Drae tanking and leading the group, Xay keeping us alive and Power doing insane damage. Me, trying to follow instructions, keep up and not do anything stupid. And the run went so, so smoothly. It was (to me) ultra fast, no-one died, everyone was polite and well behaved. And I was like "OH! THIS is how 5 man content is done" That run changed my entire perception of the game. That was how I wanted to play it. So I was well chuffed to get invited as a probationer and in due course promoted to full Warseeker. My mage was my main then, but I'll be the first to admit, I am not a fantatic DPS. I get by, but you'll usually find me near the lower end of dps meters. And the Guild needed healers, as we were just starting into Kara. So I rolled a Paladin, leveled him really fast and started healing. Badly at first I'm sure. But thanks to patient Guildies I managed to get better and soon settled into the role more comfortably than as a dps. The Guild progressed and we made our way through Kara, eventually getting it on farm. The Guild had grown enough for us to be able to field 25-man groups and we cleared Gruul, Magtherion, SSC and TK while they were still current content. We got that 2nd boss on Hyjal to get Hand Of Adal title. My Paladin has never worn any other title. I thought that was a really good time to be raiding. I did carry on healing through Wrath but I never felt the content was quite as engaging as TBC. Along the way in Wrath, I got more into PvP on my hunter, and even did some arena. Deadmeathau(sp?) and I did some 2v2 and that was great. Yeah sometimes we got facerolled, but mostly we had good intense battles. Our win ratio was a bit better than 50%...so....win some, lose some.
And then, sometime around the start of Cata, RL turned my world upside down, twice in less than a year. First off, I got diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, which is an auto-immune disease that destroys the central nervous system. Basically, my body is decaying around me and there's no cure or even treatment. Not too long after, I met Tracey and in 2012, we got married. So between illness and romance, WoW seemed suddenly less important, and when MoP came out, it was only a few weeks before I just stopped. When Legion had just been released, my nephew and my step-son both tried to get me back in and so I picked it up again. And after gritting my teeth through MoP (I had one lvl 86 when I started up again, and seven lvl 85's, that's how little MoP I'd played.), I quite enjoyed WoD and thought it would have been fun to do as current content.Eventually, I got to lvl100 on my mage and caught up with the game, about 4 months after release. And I've enjoyed Legion more than any expansion since Wrath. Despite the fact some of the content requires dungeons (class hall, professions) so I've had to PuG dungeons and a couple of raid bosses. It's not as bad as it used to be, but it's still a long, long way short of a guild run.

- Tell us what you want from a guild and how any previous guilds you've been in have lived up to this. Except for a few months when I started, I've only been in WST. And it was everything that I wanted from a guild. The freedom to play the game how I wanted, with like-minded people around was great. And I learned more about the game, my characters and gameplay than any other time. There are plenty of horror stories about guilds, so WST was a safe haven. It had none of the dkp drama, elitism, of the raiding guilds, none of the anarchy of 'social' guilds. I haven't joined a guild since starting up again, because I know I won't find anywhere that is more 'home' than WST. And I waited this long to re-apply because I wanted to be sure I was staying for a while.

- Tell us what do you enjoy about playing WoW, and what do you dislike. My biggest like would be an overall thing, the pure escapism. It affords me a few hours where the realities of the world don't matter. This is even more true now than it was before I stopped playing. My health prevents me from doing an increasing number of things. In WoW though, my health is not an issue. WoW lets me get away from the real world for a while and I don't have to worry about the spectre of the US starting thermo-nuclear war. In WoW I can forget the looming disaster that my own country is heading towards in March 2019. In game itself, I actually enjoy most aspects: levelling, working as a team in dungeons or raids, although that is a legacy of my time as a Warseeker, I haven't enjoyed that as a guildless wanderer of Azeroth. I enjoy PvP and find that one of the more challenging aspects of the game. I really like the idea of reactive ai that's coming in BFA, that should make things more interesting. I do actually enjoy grinding materials for training professions. Not many dislikes. The biggest would be having to PuG things, In Battlegrounds it's easier to ignore the gob-shites and idiots, Dungeons, not so easy.

- Read our guild charter and tell us what you think. Can you pick two things that particularly appeals to you? That's easy -Freedom of choice and respect for others was always the most important aspects of the charter for me. Closely followed by the fact that elitism and "gief epixx mentailty" was not acceptable/tolerated.

- Please feel free to add anything else you feel would aid your application. I'd love to say I'll be a solid asset to the guild and/or raiding team, but I'm honest enough to admit that I'm only a mediocre player. I do the best I can and I'm always trying to improve as a player. At present, I'm not really after a raid spot, although if I was asked, I'd certainly give it a go, but I need to learn how to heal all over again, it's a lot different to when I last did it. I'm always happy to make up the numbers for guild dungeons. Oh, and if there's any guild interest in Organised PvP, I'd certainly be up for that. Again, I'm nowhere near the best, but I've done enough to know the ways of it and have a reasonable grasp of strategy. I'm still working on the Bloodthirsty achievement (182,000 kills to date) and at the moment my in game time is about 50-50 between PvE and PvP.

Thank you for reading, and I hope the Guild decides to let me come home. If I'd kept playing, I would still be a proud Warseeker, as this is most definitely the Guild for me.

Lycria
Guild Officer
Lycria

Re: Andix. May I come home please?

Postby Lycria » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:00 am

Thank you for your re-application, Andix. I'll preset it to the guild for discussion. As you may remember, it may take us a bit to make up our mind. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Lycria (110 Tauren feral druid)
Markessa (110 Undead frost mage)
Eclavdra (110 Blood Elf retribution paladin)

Lycria
Guild Officer
Lycria

Postby Lycria » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:51 am

Hello Andix,

the guild has decided to offer you a spot for probation. Please contact an officer ingame for an invitation.

Cheers,
Lyc
Lycria (110 Tauren feral druid)
Markessa (110 Undead frost mage)
Eclavdra (110 Blood Elf retribution paladin)

Andix

Postby Andix » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:55 am

Thank you Lyc, I'll be in touch later. And thank you Warseekers. :)

Login  •  Register